The firm hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and self motivated candidates for the position of Conveyancing Clerk.
The ideal candidate must be a person of high integrity, hardworking and able to work with minimum supervision, possess good communication skills and self motivated
i. Due diligence at the Land Registries and other Government departments
ii. Processing of stamp duty payments and registration of documents at various registries.
iii. Procure clearance certificates and consents
iv. Liaison at the Land Registry and Government departments
v. Drafting conveyancing documents
Qualifications and experience
ii. Proficiency in computer applications
iii. Good command of English language and pleasant personality
iv. Well developed negotiating skills
v. Experience in similar position
A diploma in law would be an added advantage though not essential
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
Apply online to
KIBUCHI & COMPANY ADVOCATES
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND CLIENT SERVICE
REPORTING TO: MANAGING PARTNER
Responsible for acquiring profitable new business and retaining existing clients to increase the Firm’s market share. The incumbent will also aim at achieving profitable growth of the general business in accordance with targets set and criteria formulated by the Firm. This job description is generic and therefore, is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. These will be determined by each department.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
Department management and administration:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Firm’s practice areas, partners and associates specialties, and their associated business development support needs.
- Define, package and communicate the specialist services offered by the Firm, both to internal and external target audiences.
- Manage local and cross border pitches, tenders, sector specific information, capability statements and related documents with the aim of collating information, drafting content with a view to producing high-level, complex and branded pitches, tenders and related documents within stringent timelines.
- Supervise design and production of collateral materials such as Firm profile, brochures, pitch materials, newsletters, and client alerts and manage the consistent use and application of the Firm’s brand.
- Setting the standards for individual performance, metrics and goals.
Networking and Brand awareness activities
- Coordinate top tier networking programs, conferences, academies, retreats and events. Coordinate with the partners on formats and topics for presentation in such forums.
- Develop initiatives to protect and enhance the brand of the Firm.
- Coordinate initiatives and activities between the Firm and other members of Meritas Law firms.
- Dealing with public relations matters relating to the Firm.
- Generating marketing strategies, setting objectives, and carrying out market research, publications and industry conferences to identify opportunities for business.
- Appraising competitors’ activities and overall economic and social trends to stimulate profitable revenue growth.
- Develop and oversee the Firm’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives and work in tandem with partners on the CSR, charitable and related projects, in relation to client development.
County, Regional and Global Expansion
- Prospecting for new business and formulating aggressive initiatives to retain business.
Client Relationship Management
- Supervise and update the Firm’s profile, client distribution list, web initiatives including but not limited to the website, social media, and other business development and marketing avenues.
- Proposing changes in underwriting approach and rating mechanism to enhance marketability of the Firm’s products.
- Develop a system to capture, track and follow up on business development and marketing activities and their efficiency.
- Client Database Management: Data-mining, database update and clean-up
- Preparing weekly and monthly business performance assessments reports, Business development activities, activity schedules and plans for presentation to the partners.
- Maintaining and regularly updating business forecasts and new business progress reports.
- Client Reports: Schedule progress review meetings with clients, submit client reports on on- going and concluded files.
- Undertake any other tasks allocated by Management or that are incidental in achieving the foregoing.
- Revenue Targets: Seek to support the advocates meet set revenue targets within stipulated financial and budgeting guidelines.
- Cost Management: Managing the cost drivers and specific line items as per approved budget.
- Profitability Targets: Ensure set margin targets are attained for individual assignments.
- Annual budgets: Submit to Finance annual budgets within stipulated deadlines.
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related course with a minimum Upper Second Class degree award.
- Professional qualification(s) in Marketing e.g. CIM or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience; 3 of which should be at senior management level.
- Work experience in a law firm will be an added advantage.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and apply management principles.
- Self-driven and able to deliver steep business production numbers.
- Excellent team leadership skills, communication, organization and presentation skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player, with a lot of initiative.
- Competence in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels within the firm and with external stakeholders.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications to send their applications to https://www.tripleoklaw.com/job-opportunities/ by 17th February 2017.