2012-2016 STRATEGIC PLAN
This strategic plan charts a definite course based on indicators of what LSK’s environment will be like in years to come. Thus, this strategic plan takes cognizance of demographic statistics, economic indicators, government policies, and technological advances. Through development and effective implementation of this strategic plan, LSK will benefit in a number of ways.
- The strategic plan has enabled the Society to look into the future and to assume a proactive posture.
- LSK will benefit from enhanced stakeholders motivation as communicating and implementing the strategic plan will stimulate positive response from various stakeholders of the Society.
- The strategic plan also provides the Society with a framework for evaluating alternative strategies for achieving its mandate.
- Another benefit of this strategic plan is provision of clarity on the overall objective of the Society which will result in increased organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
THE MANDATE AND OBJECTS OF THE SOCIETY
The Society has the mandate to advise and assist members of the legal profession, the government and the larger public in all matters relating to the administration of justice in Kenya. According to Section 4 of the LSK Act, the objects for which the Society was established are:
- To maintain and improve the standards of conduct and learning of the legal profession in Kenya;
- To facilitate the acquisition of legal knowledge by members of the legal profession and others;
- To assist the Government and the courts in all matters affecting legislation and the administration and practice of the law in Kenya;
- To represent, protect and assist members of the legal profession in Kenya in respect of conditions of practice and otherwise;
- To protect and assist the public in Kenya in all matters touching, ancillary or incidental to the law;
- To acquire, hold, develop and dispose of property, whether movable or immovable, and to derive capital or income therefrom, for all or any of the foregoing objects;
- To raise or borrow money for all or any of the foregoing objects in such manner and upon such security as may from time to time be determined by the Society;
- To invest and deal with moneys of the Society not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be determined by the Society; and
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the foregoing objects.
Download the 2012-2016 LSK Strategic Plan