Notice: Law Society of Kenya Annual General Meeting - Saturday 28th March, 2020 at 11:00am28 February, 2020 11:44 AM Nairobi Communications
NOTICE IS HEREBY given pursuant to Section 30(1), Section 32 of the Law Society Act 2014 and Regulation 32 (1) of the Law Society of Kenya (General) Regulations 1962, that an ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING of the Society is convened for and shall take place at the Auditorium, Bomas of Kenya, along Langata Road, Nairobi at 11:00am on Saturday, 28th March 2020.
1. Secretary to read the Notice convening the Meeting.
2. Adoption of the Agenda.
3. Silence in tribute to members departed.
4. Confirmation of Minutes of the Ordinary General Meeting (AGM) held on 30th March 2019 at Bomas of Kenya.
5. Matters Arising.
6. Report of the Council pursuant to Section 26 of the Law Society of Kenya Act.
7. Presentation of the Accounts and Balance Sheet for the year ended 31st December 2019, pursuant to Section 25(2) of the Law Society of Kenya Act and the appointment of the Society’s Auditors.
8. Motion on the Optimization of the Law Society of Kenya Properties: The case for optimization and development of Gitanga Road and South C plots.
9. Consideration of the Draft Law Society of Kenya Public Interest Litigation Code (2018) and if members deem it fit, by a resolution, approve with or without amendments the Code pursuant to Section 4 and 5 of the Law Society of Kenya Act, 2014.
10. Consideration of the Draft Law Society of Kenya Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines and if members deem it fit, by a resolution, approve with or without amendments the Guidelines pursuant to Section 4 and 5 of the Law Society of Kenya Act, 2014.
11. Election of the Society Representatives to the Senior Counsel Committee pursuant to the Advocates (Senior Counsel Conferment and Privileges) Rules, 2011.
12. Notice of Motion by members given to the Secretary (if any).
13. Pursuant to Regulation 14 and 19 of the Law Society of Kenya (General) Regulations, 1962, the Chairman to declare duly elected members of the Council and Disciplinary Tribunal.
14. Any other business which may be admitted in accordance with the provision of Regulation 35.
BY ORDER OF THE COUNCIL
MERCY K. WAMBUA