The Committee’s mandate includes the following:
The Committee undertook the following Activities in Y2013.
1. Creation of the Mentorship Programme for Young Advocates: The Committee came up with a mentorship strategy for young advocates to help address issues touching on ethics, Discipline and financial propriety among young advocates. The Committee has created a database of volunteer advocates who have ten (10) or more years in practice to assist in the mentorship programme.
2. Law Society of Kenya’s Retirement Scheme The Committee signed a Memorandum of Understanding with LapTrust Administration Services to implement an individual pension plan for Members and their employees and are workng towards forming a registered umbrella pension plan for the Law Society of Kenya. The Benefits of the Scheme include:
3. The Last Expenses Benefit Cover: The Committee signed a memorandum of understanding with the Metropolitan Life (K) Limited to offer members a Last Expenses cover at an annual premium at Kshs. 1800 per year that shall pay Kshs. 100,000 upon death of either member or Spouse.
4. Other Negotiated Benefits for Members by the Welfare committee include:
5. Group Medical Cover: The Committee is also sourcing for cost effective Group Medical Cover for the Members.